- Unreliable state variables (useful for rapid updates)
- History-less state variables (useful for event messages)
- JSON state variables
- Upgrade to latest V8 trunk, which allows normal building on 64-bit systems (and should be faster)
- Automatically comment out irrelevant logging code in scripts (very significant speed improvement, given the extensive logging code)
- Much faster network protocol for asset info querying, when there are many relevant assets
- Use .js scripts for models instead of sauer-style cfg files
- Libraries for game modes (including CTF), guns/firing, health, etc.
- Autogeneration of tedious parts of V8 bindings code, with new automatic validation tests
- Script commands to combine images and decompress JPEG 2000 images
- Various tools, for texture configs, image conversion, release packaging, etc.
- Various bug fixes
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Intensity Engine 0.9.7
Another engine version, hopefully the last before the launch. Changes include: