Regarding code branches:
- The main github repo will remain as the stable branch. It will always be in sync with the running servers at syntensity.com, so if you want to connect to there, you should run that code.
- quaker66 has been doing excellent work on his branch, which is now the official development ('unstable') branch. quaker66 has worked very hard to port all the recent features from sauer svn (lots of great stuff that eihrul has been doing there) as well as awesome new features like flashlights, better cutscene management, etc. You can see videos of that stuff on his YouTube channel. In addition, T7g and BiosElement have been doing very interesting work as well, some of which has already been merged into quaker66's branch. New stuff should likewise be added to that branch.
- For the code to be stable and well-tested - after a reasonable code freeze. We might also want to wait for a short while after a new sauer release.
- At least one new cool game, to showcase the latest features
- To update the syntensity.com servers
- To have binaries for people to download