Sunday, April 10, 2011

Emscripten Moves to GitHub

After starting on Google Code, and later adding a git mirror, Emscripten has now moved entirely to GitHub. and so forth should now forward to there.

The main reason for the change is the inconvenience in maintaining two clones. hg-git helped greatly, but it remained a constant hassle. Meanwhile GitHub has been getting more popular and more useful. The last straw was GitHub's recent addition of a much nicer issue tracker. So I decided to make the move today, which coincides nicely with the release of Emscripten 1.0: A fresh start on the road ahead to 2.0.

Code will not be updated in the Google Code page anymore, and I pushed a final commit there to warn people they are running old code if they get there by mistake. I moved the important wiki pages to GitHub, which leaves only one thing left behind, the open issues. If you have an open issue on Google Code that you care about, please either open a new issue on GitHub for it, or tell me and I'll do it for you.


  1. Hi Kripken,
    I have integrated Emscripten into my frontend for RPython called RPythonic. It works great, just seems to be some issues with missing functions, but i imagine its just a matter of translating the dependent libraries or maybe its something already included in your libc port.

  2. @Hart,

    That's very very cool!

    Let's work together to fix the missing function issues, best thing is to either use IRC (#emscripten on Mozilla's IRC) or file an issue on Emscripten's GitHub issue tracker.

    - kripken